About Me

My photo
I am a socially responsible yellow lab puppy!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...

As I make my debut on the world wide web, I wonder how many friends I will meet and hope that I can meet the girlpuppy of my dreams just like my mommy and daddy did. That's not why I decided to start a blog though....I decided to start a blog because I have so many stories to tell and questions to ask that I needed to share them. Oh, and I also decided to start a blog because I consider this, today - November 19th, 2008, to be the first day of the rest of my life.

You see, I recently had a near death experience. A couple of weeks ago, my daddy told me we were going for a ride, which I just love because it usually means we end up at the beach or puppy school where I get tons of treats. I anxiously jumped in the truck, ready to run like crazy when we got there. The drive was longer than usual and as I hung my head out the window, tongue catching the air and slobber covering the windshield, I realized the beach was the other way. Where on earth were we going?

We pulled into the parking lot, I jumped out of the car and was completely overwhelmed by all of the smells. As my daddy walked me through the doors, all the girls came running over to pet me, talking in this ridiculous baby talk, "ooohhh, look at this puppy, so cute and soft just like on the toilet paper commercial". Whatever, I thought, can I have a treat? Nope, not today.

Eight hours later I spotted my daddy standing at the end of a long hallway. All I could do was yell at him! "Why did you leave me here? What did they do to me? What are all of these bright shiny things surrounding me? And why on earth am I wearing this hideous head accessory?" All I wanted to do was make sure my butt was still where it belonged...I couldn't feel a thing and wondered how I was going to get by without a butt. Guess this satellite dish is on my head so I can't see that half my body has been removed!

So back to my point...I never thought I would survive the next two weeks of my life with a cone on my head. So I promised my daddy that if he just took the satellite dish off my head I would be the best boy in the whole wide world! So today, I mark this as the first day of the rest of my life as the worlds best puppy. I vow to not eat anymore furniture and to listen to my parents every command. I vow to never let a day pass me by without appreciating what I have and realizing I am the luckiest puppy on earth. I vow to restart my life as of today and make the most of every second I am awake.

2 comments:

  1. Blu - you are something else...sounds like you have quite the life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blu you are one lucky pup!!! When my crazy parents put me in the park we end up in weird locations... lakes...big warehouse with tons of friends... and the same place you got your cone. we both had to wear that as well. Hated it!!!
    Be good!
    Molly and Bower

    ReplyDelete